S2 Buying Guide`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Buying Guide`

Going to look at a couple s2s soon. Would anyone be able to give me a buying guide. You know, anything to look out for, common faults, things like that. Cheers guys.

http://www.s2central.net for all your s2 info needs.

http://www.s2central.net/bgframe.html direct link to Buyers Guide page

Also Fuel lines rust, especially inside the rubber clips. The cars are at an age now where chances are the lines are going to leak very soon. if not already.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I would go so far as to say these cars are getting to an age now where every wear and tear item needs replacing if it hasn't been already.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Refurbing parts

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        I would go so far as to say these cars are getting to an age now where every wear and tear item needs replacing if it hasn't been already.
        I'd go with this.

Consider a change of Oil Cooler - £165 from Pete Reeve Quattro Corner - easy to fit - see my album. Bumper off job and strip down of air ducting, etc. Pipes can be a challenge to get loose!

The sub frames front and rear are always good for a refurb - lots of people talk of having to do them - front's suffer the worst.

Hydraulic fluid pipes - some can perish and leak out - this can be a headache when trying to clean everything up - the twin horn usually gets a good soaking and can short out.

Air conditioning pumps - clutches can fail - although a lot of folk have simply disconned

The above are just a few things to prepare yourself for.

Don't be put off though, the mechanics of the engine are highly engineered and if its been treated well - should provide endless pleasure.

Good luck with your search - you wouldn't be going to look at a motor in Tamworth by any chance?

Ed
        4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
        1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
        2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

Thanks i like the s2 central site, some good info there.

Nah there in scotland, but if there not up to scratch ill have to travel to england, done it before but its a trek, im right on the west coast of scotland.

I plan to make it a long term project anyway but would like something quite decent to start from.

Comment

Travelling to buy an S2

Originally posted by krisrg87 View Post
            Thanks i like the s2 central site, some good info there.

Nah there in scotland, but if there not up to scratch ill have to travel to england, done it before but its a trek, im right on the west coast of scotland.

I plan to make it a long term project anyway but would like something quite decent to start from.
            Interesting - I'm from Leicester and flew to Scotland where I bought my S2 from a guy in Dalmellington, Ayrshire - 62,000 miles with full service history -mint
            4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
            1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
            2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

Working...
            X